Chapped dry lips are a struggle that almost all of us have to deal with everyday. I cannot even begin to describe how many times I’ve accidentally bit my chapped dry lips and just slowly cry on the inside, how many times I’ve had to ditch matte lipstick (because you know how disastrous that could look) and how many times I’ve had to buy a new lip balm. I know all I need to get is a lip exfoliator and all my lip problems will vanish but I just can’t bring myself to get one… which is why today’s post is an affordable, quick and easy DIY Vanilla Sugar Lip Scrub that’ll leave your lips smooth, healthy, and moisturised.
- 1 TSP. Brown Sugar
- ¼ TSP. Vanilla Extract
- ½ TSP. Honey
- 1 TSP. Olive Oil
Benefits of the ingredients:
- Sugars, in general, are natural humectants, which means that it hydrates and keeps moisture in the skin by drawing moisture from the environment.
- Brown sugar is also softer than most sugars, which is better for our skin, yet it is also strong enough to scrub away dead skin cells. It also contains glycolic acid that fights bacteria, guards your skin and keep it healthy and nourished.
- Honey, like sugar, is also a natural humectant and it also has antioxidants, enzymes, and nutrients that hydrate, nourish and heal your lips. Since it also has antibacterial powers, it helps prevent infection from developing in cracked lips.
- Olive oil is a good source of Vitamin E, which is extremely beneficial for your skin. It also has antioxidants that keep your lips healthy and moisturised and protected from drying and chapping.
- Vanilla is a good source of B-vitamins and has antioxidants that protect your skin from damage caused by pollution. Plus it’ll make your scrub smell AMAZING.
Mix the honey, vanilla extract and olive oil together.
Slowly add the brown sugar into the mix.
Just keep on mixing until you achieve a pastelike consistency.
Apply a small amount on your lips.
Rub the scrub on your lips for 10-40 seconds then just wipe off using a damp cloth (or just lick it all off…).
Pour the scrub into a container and if you want to last long, store it in your refrigerator.
Enjoy your super smooth, soft and exfoliated lips!
*Why use sugar instead of salt? It is better to use sugar than salt because sugar is gentler, while salt can cause microscopic tears in the skin and can strip your skin of its natural oils
Connect with me:
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson